Frequently Asked Questions
All of our helmets and masks are made to order according to head size. It takes anywhere from 1 – 2 weeks to complete. If processing time will exceed 2 weeks, we will notify you.
We are shipping out of the US. Shipping takes 1-4 days for anywhere in the continental US. International shipping can take anywhere from 1 week to a month depending on the country’s customs policies.
- We use head circumference to size our helmets and masks.
- Wrap a flexible measuring tape (or a string) around your head just above the eyebrows and ears, and around the back where your head slopes up prominently from the neck. The goal is to measure the head at the spot where it has the largest circumference. If you used a string, measure the string in the spot you marked with a ruler or measuring tape.
- If you are between sizes (for example, you measured 23.25 inches), always around up. In this case, you would order a size 24 inch.
- There is no need to scale up for padding. Our helmets and masks are sized to include padding. We always recommend ordering the size you measured.
- Measuring the width of your chest.
- When measuring the width of your chest, we use the widest front facing part of your chest in our scaling. As seen in the reference picture below, we are not wrapping the tape around the chest and under the armpit, but approximately 2-3 inches below the armpit at the chests widest point. This is where the widest part of the chest plate would sit.
- Measuring for length.
- Scaling for the length of your armor. Start between the collar bones at the center of your body and measure straight vertically down to your belly button; without accounting for the body’s curvatures. The armor lays flat, and not around.
- Yes, however slots are limited and fill up quickly. We take orders on a first come first served basis. We can also modify our made-to-order helmets and masks. Please contact us to inquire about custom slots or to receive a quote.
Our products are made of Polylactic acid, or polylactide (PLA), - a thermoplastic, aliphatic polyester, produced from non-toxic renewable feedstock, naturally occurring organic acid, or made by fermentation of sugars obtained from renewable resources such as sugarcane. PLA has a melting temperature of 157 - 170 °C (315 - 338 °F).
We mostly use eSUN Silver PLA+ Filament - 1.75mm. Click here
- Once your helmet or mask is sanded and primed, most types of paint can be used. Many of our customers use acrylic spray paint.
- See the "How-To Guides" below for a video on how to paint your helmet or mask.
- Lenses can be made from cheap sunglasses.
- Visors can be made from face shield replacements. They can be found on Amazon or welding supply shop.
- We will be making custom lenses and visors coming spring/summer 2021.
Replacement bike helmet pads or replacement furniture padding can be used. Furniture padding can be found at a fabric shop.